WHAT : Continue 24 Hours A Day in Ratchaprasong
WHERE : Ratchaprasong District
VIBE : As a rising district for those who wish to stay Sleepless in the Heart of Bangkok, Ratchaprasong is characteristically a city in the city: it is home to everything a city life calls for, from mass-market to luxury, and not to mention this area as a melting pot of Thai and international cuisines, local street food and a place that attracts the trendiest from across the globe.
Ratchaprasong Lifestyle: Let the Joy of Dynamic City Life Continue 24 Hours A Day in Ratchaprasong
“Sleepless in Bangkok” is what Bangkok is known for as not only has it been the world’s most-visited city for three consecutive years beating London, Paris and Tokyo, but it has also welcomed over 20 million international visitors last year, thanks to the unique appeals of this vibrant, diverse city. In Bangkok, local cultures and ways of life blend fascinatingly with modern, international lifestyles. No matter you are a resident, a business visitor or a recreational traveler, it leaves nothing to be desired, from commuting to work early in the morning till evening time when some opt to work extra hours in co-working spaces and others would socialise or wine and dine themselves before returning home. As a rising district for those who wish to stay Sleepless in the Heart of Bangkok, Ratchaprasong is characteristically a city in the city: it is home to everything a city life calls for, from mass-market to luxury, and not to mention this area as a melting pot of Thai and international cuisines, local street food and a place that attracts the trendiest from across the globe. The district is alive round the clock with numerous establishments open till late night or even 24/7, plus superb 24-hour walkability provided by R-Walk, the longest skywalk that interlinks all major buildings in Ratchaprasong for easy connection and to eliminate pedestrians’ wait and safety concerns regarding crosswalks.
17 Late-Night Hotspots in Ratchaprasong
Groove@CentralWorld is a world-class hangout destination and a hip spot in the heart of Bangkok that has over 15 restaurants and bars. Spanning 20,000 square metres, it brings together a variety of world-renowned restaurants, gastro bars and patisseries in one place to meet the demands for global lifestyle dining and stay abreast of today’s wining and dining trend in favour of convenient places to socialise after work. In addition to easy access via BTS Skytrain, Groove@CentralWorld features a futuristic design concept that makes it a dynamic landmark.
- Hiyaku – Modern Japanese izakaya-style restaurant.
Location: 2nd Floor of Groove@CentralWorld. It is opened daily from 11:00am to 01:00am. For further details, please call 02-646-1484.
- iO Italian Osteria – Traditional Italian restaurant.
Location: 1st Floor of Groove@CentralWorld. It is opened daily from 11:00am to 12:00am. For further details, please call 02-117-3826.
- Hyde & Seek Peek A Boo – Modern gastropub in pleasant ambience.
Location: 1st Floor of Groove@CentralWorld. It is opened daily from 11:00am to 12:00am. For further details, please call 02-646-1099.
Gaysorn Village is a focal point of talents and aspiring business professionals. As part of this complex, Gaysorn Tower is an office building that attracts leading businesses to take advantage of work-life balance in an inspiring ambience created for greater productivity with Work-Live-Play-Grow concept. Gaysorn Village also houses co-working spaces and a shopping mall packed with shops that open till late night, providing a number of choices for talents and business people to network or share their creativity.
- DUKE Contemporary Art Space – The destination for connoisseurs of art and premium cigars.
Location: 1st Floor of Gaysorn Village. It is opened daily from 11:00am to 12:00pm. For further details, please call 094-647-8888.
- Riedel Wine Bar & Cellar – The place for appreciators of fine wines. Served with all-Riedel wine glasses and tools, plus extensive selection of the finest wines coupled with Italian dining.
Location: 2nd Floor of Gaysorn Village. It is opened daily from 10:00am to 12:00am. For further details, please call 02-646-1133.
- PAÑPURI Wellness – An urban wellness centre in the heart of the city that provides ultimate rejuvenation and balance restoration both inside and out for customers. It has the largest onsen spa along Bangkok’s mass transit systems with onsen facilities including five artificial onsen pools for ladies and another five for gentlemen—with private onsen rooms for privacy. PAÑPURI Wellness employs a unique, all-natural approach to wellness, including all-organic products.
Location: 12th Floor of Gaysorn Tower. It is opened daily from 10:00am to 11:00pm. For further details, please call 02-253-8899.
Amarin Plaza has basically everything that office people who work late hours would need, such as quick meals and coffees. With its presence for over three decades, Amarin Plaza is home to McDonald’s first fast food restaurant in Thailand. Others range from favourite coffeehouse to fitness centre, allowing people to choose to wind down the way they like. There is a convenience store with extensive array of everyday items too. At night, Amarin Plaza is brightly illuminated with lights from these tenants, giving office people a better peace of mind with regard to night-time safety through late-hour work. Moreover, it houses shops where international visitors often buy gifts and souvenirs for their family and loved ones back home.
- Anytime Fitness – The world’s biggest and fastest-growing fitness franchise opened its new fitness club at Amarin Plaza last year. The new club is open round the clock.
Location: 1st Floor of Amarin Plaza. It is opened daily for 24 hours. For further details, please call 065-526-6613.
- McDonald’s – The well-known American fast food chain entered Thailand with the first restaurant opened at Amarin Plaza in 1985.
Location: 1st Floor of Amarin Plaza. It is opened daily for 24 hours. For further details, please call 02-256-9010.
- Starbucks Coffee – An American coffeehouse that is a must for coffee lovers.
Location: 1st Floor of Amarin Plaza. It is opened daily for 24 hours. For further details, please call 02-256-9903.
- 7-Eleven – The world’s biggest chain of convenience stores that sells a range of everyday items, such as foods, coffee, snacks and other necessary items. The store at Amarin Plaza operates with window display concept for extra shopping fun of the customers. It also provides tables and power socket for extra eating comfort and source of power.
Location: 1st Floor of Amarin Plaza. It is opened daily for 24 hours. For further details, please call, 02-650-4704.
Pratunam is a famous street food destination that continues to attract countless of Thai and international foodies with highlight restaurants and dishes including chicken rice and noodles. Besides food, there is a market for an enjoyable shopping spree as well as a spa whenever your body complains.
- Pratunam Chicken Rice is the most famous dish among Thai and international foodists coming to Pratunam for street food. The top chicken rice restaurants are Go-Ang Chicken Rice, Midnight Chicken Rice and Kuang Heng Chicken Rice.
- Go-Ang Chicken Rice Location: Pratunam (by the entrance of Soi Petchburi 30). It is opened daily from 06:00am to 02:00pm and 05:00pm to 02:00am. For further details, please call 02-251-8768 or 081-811-1372.
- Midnight Chicken Rice Location: Pratunam (between Soi Petchburi 30 and 32). It is opened daily from 07:00pm to 04:00am. For further details, please call 087-815-0397 or 088-448-9969.
- Kuang Heng Chicken Rice Location: Pratunam (near Pratunam Intersection on same corner with Pratunam Pier). It is opened daily for 24 hours. For further details, please call 062-653-1115 or 081-314-1632.
- Je Sunee is the noodle restaurant not to be left out by Pratunam visitors. In addition to the legendary pork leg noodles, Je Sunee also serves seafood at dinner time.
Location: Pratunam (Soi Ratchadamri 1, next to outbound Pratunam Pier). It is opened daily from 07:00am to 12:00am. For further details, please call 092-557-5799.
- The Neon Night Bazaar – All-time favourite check-in spot for nightlife people that has more than 700 shops ranging from fashion products, souvenirs for visitors, and handmade products. It also have many different street food stalls for visitors to sit, chill and eat while listening to music, which perfectly match lifestyles of both Thai and international visitors.
Location: Pratunam (Between Soi Petchburi 23 and 29). It is opened daily from 05:00pm to 12:00pm. For further details, please call 063-230-1555 or 063-197-2515.
- Indara Spa & Massage – Thai massage and spa that has been in business for decades.
Location: Pratunam (Soi Ratchadamri 1, near Super Rich currency exchange). It is opened daily from 10:00am to 12:00pm. For further details, please call 02-655-0559.
Big C Supercenter flatters modern-day lifestyles of young people. Positioned as Big C’s flagship store, Big C Supercenter Ratchadamri is a must-go for international visitors, being the one-stop shopping destination for all their needs. This location is a top-five Big C store in terms of sales. It is visited by more than 4 million international customers per year, mainly Chinese and Vietnamese tourists. The supercenter section is opened till 02:00am, but its FoodPlace and Mini Big C sections remain open round the clock.
Location: Big C Supercenter Ratchadamri. Supercenter is opened daily from 09:00am to 02:00am, and FoodPlace and Mini Big C are opened daily for 24 hours. For further details, please call 02-250-4888.
In addition to these late-night hotspots, Ratchaprasong is renowned for its premier selection of hotels ideal both for international visitors looking for an elegant place to stay and locals in search of a proper restaurant to dine with loved ones or a chic hangout to spend time and enjoy some drinks with friends. The choices include Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, InterContinental Bangkok, Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam and The St. Regis Bangkok.
Not surprisingly, Ratchaprasong is the answer to all lifestyle needs and a top destination for international visitors. Whatever your interests are and whoever you plan to spend time in Ratchaprasong with, this diverse lifestyle district can meet your tastes and expectations all in one: shopping, dining, entertainment, work and even worshipping because shrines of eight deities are situated within this district. Discover the hustle and bustle of this lively city after dark in Ratchaprasong to experience Ratchaprasong Lifestyle and what it is like to be Sleepless in the Heart of Bangkok.